Copy of About EarJellies Earplugs
Revolutionary “Viscoelastic Silicone” Earplugs
EarJellies are truly a revolutionary product made of MemorySil®, a “viscoelastic silicone” or "adaptive rubber" that can't be found anywhere else on the market today. This product will change how you perform activities and routines in your daily lives such as being able to get a deeper, more restful sleep, and protect your ears with a tighter seal during swimming or being in or around loud environments. The following characteristics are why EarJellies Earplugs out-perform and out-shine the competition.
- The only earplugs made of MemorySil® - It is a unique dual shape-memory silicone that give each EarJellies a permanent shape to which it returns when left alone, but allows it to easily learn and adapt to new shapes temporarily. EarJellies feel firm when you hit or squeeze them because their temporary shape-memory fights any sudden changes in shape. However, they feel exquisitely soft when you're patient because their temporary shape-memory fades over time and their mild permanent shape-memory only gently coaxes them back to their original state. Because of MemorySil’s amazing dual shape-memory, EarJellies are not only softer than foam earplugs, they also seal better with no friction or “hot spots” that cause irritation or pressure in your ear.
- Always fit perfectly – Due to the MemorySil® technology, there’s no need to have earplugs custom made for your ears as EarJellies learn the shape of your ear canals every time you wear them, sealing perfectly all while giving unparalleled comfort. This process provides its own perfect fit, even as your ear canals change shape due to head movement, jaw movement, or other changes in your body. Since the earplugs adapt continuously to your ear canals, they maintain perfect seals much more effectively than fixed-shape or fluid earplugs.
- Provide excellent noise reduction, but don’t distort sound – Since EarJellies offer the perfect fit and seal in your ear canals, they also dramatically reduce the loudness of sound reaching your inner ear. Because of their perfect seal, they have the ability to remove direct air channels to significantly improve noise reduction, particularly at low frequencies, but won’t completely block sound transmissions as sound can still travel throughout your body. Because EarJellies reduce the loudness of all sound frequencies almost equally, you can still carry a conversation or listen to music without the distortion that is often common in other earplugs. The only significant difference in what you hear is that the sound volume is drastically lowered.
- They are hypoallergenic – This is because EarJellies are made of nearly pure silicone and have no unnecessary ingredients or coatings. They also don’t contain any fragrances, preservatives, phthalates, or any other known allergens or endocrine disruptors all of which are known to cause skin irritation or rashes.
- They are great for sleeping – EarJellies fit comfortably into your ear canals with their bases recessed against the bowls of your ears, creating a gentle grip that holds them in place. They stay in your ears all night with ease and you can barely feel them, even when your ear is pressed against a pillow or mattress. In fact, it's easy to forget you're wearing them, except when you notice how much quieter it sounds. They're great for sleeping in loud environments and with partners who snore.
They are amazing for swimming – EarJellies are ideal for swimmers with their perfect seal and gentle grip that holds them in place, they won’t fall out or let in water. As you move your head and jaw during swimming, changing the shapes of your ear canals, EarJellies will adapt to follow those shape changes and maintain their seals. Water-immersion will cause their temporary shape-memory to fade faster, making them feel a little softer and bounce back to their bulb-on-base shapes quicker, eventually returning to their normal state after drying.
- They can be rinsed and reused many times – Despite their softness, EarJellies are surprisingly sturdy and can be reused multiple times. Ideally, three pairs may last up to a year. They can be rinsed clean and set out on their bases to dry. After they dry, be sure to check them frequently for cuts, tears, and other defects, discarding them if you find any flaws.
- Made in the USA – EarJellies are proudly produced in Charlottesville, Virginia.